EKG/ECG Technician/Monitor Telemetry
- 1 Certificate = 4 Career Options!
- Excellent addition to your resume!
- Excellent job outlook: Projected to grow 29% from 2010 – 2020!
- EKG Tech Salaries are $50,000 – $77,000+ per year!
- Individual Attention: Small class sizes
- Stress-free learning environment
- Experienced Instructors
Our EKG/ECG Monitor-Telemetry Technician EKG Certification program gives you the skills and training to apply to four career options.
EKG Technician/Monitor Technician course, you’re only 6 days (50 hours) away from starting an exciting, growing, high demand career! Our EKG/ECG Monitor-Telemetry Technician EKG Certification program gives you the skills and training to apply for the following careers upon completion of our course:
- EKG/ECG Technician
- EKG/ECG Monitor – Telemetry Technician
- Unit Secretary (Telemetry & Receptionist)
- Holter Monitor Technician
Class tips & info
- 50 hrs
- Attend classes on time
What to bring
- Bring the books provided by our school to every class
- Bring a notebook (pen, pencil) as you will take lecture note for all our classes.
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Cardiovascular System
- Electrical Conduction System of the Heart
- EKG waveform analysis
- Approaches to obtaining an accurate EKG reading
- Role and responsibilities of EKG Technician in obtaining and monitoring EKG
- Perform a 12 lead EKG procedure
- Proper EKG lead placement; Practice performing an EKG
- Choose proper placement of electrodes based on ECG mechanics.
- Steps of Rhythm Analysis and Calculate a heart rate from an ECG strip
- EKG Interpretation: identification of wave on rhythm strip; Measurement of waves, intervals and segments of EKG on rhythm strip; determining heart rate from rhythm strips.
- Recognition of sinus rhythms: Normal sinus rhythm, Sinus Bradycardia, Sinus tachycardia, Sinus Arrhythmia.
- Atrial rhythms: interpretation, causes and treatment modalities of abnormal atrial arhythmias
- Ventricular rhythms: interpretation, causes and treatment modalities of abnormal ventricular rhythms
- Junctional rhythms: interpretation, causes and treatment modalities of abnormal junctional rhythms
- Heart Blocks.
- Recognize EKG findings of Myocardial Infarction and ischemia
- Holter Monitoring: leads placement, procedure, analysis
- Reading of artificial Pacemakers
- Interventions for most common arrhythmias, especially life-threatening arrhythmias.
Time spend at labs
- 25 hrs
Approved by the State of California (approval to operate means compliance with state standards as set forth in the BPPE acts and regulations, students can access the BPPE website at https://www.bppe.ca.gov/) and National Agencies: BPPE, CDPH, LFS, NHA, NCCT
NEXT CLASS STARTS ON:
June 15th – FULL
July 27th– FULL
SEPTEMBER 19th, 2oth, 26th, 27th, October 3rd, 4th, 9 am to 5 pm– OPEN ENROLL NOW
Email us today!
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 6 Days
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes