Certified Phlebotomy Technician
Phlebotomy Technician Certification Course prepares you to become certified phlebotomy technician 1 and obtain a State license.
Phlebotomy Technician Certification Course prepares you to become certified phlebotomy technician 1 and obtain a State license. Certified Phlebotomy Technicians are in high demand and training classes, phlebotomy course offered in Los Angeles area like ProMED Career Institute help to get certified and start a new, exciting job.
- High School OR College transcripts from an institution in the United States of America to be provided by the applicant
- Non-US transcripts: All non-U.S. transcripts must be evaluated by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. (AICE). This allows LFS to determine if your education is equivalent to a U.S. college or university education. The evaluation service will send an evaluation of your educational institution and academic courses directly to LFS.
- Students must be at least 18 years of age
- A current American Heart Association BLS Card is required
- Proof of a negative TB (Tuberculosis) Test or negative chest x-ray
- Proof of current MMR (Mumps, Measles, & Rubella), Varicella and Flu Vaccinations (Immunization or Titer)
- Proof of Hepatitis B Vaccination
- Professional Liability Insurance (provided by school)
- A physical exam stating the student is healthy
- Urine Drug Screen (10 panel)
A person without any phlebotomy experience OR a person with fewer than 1040 hours phlebotomy experience must meet the following requirements:
- Be a high school graduate or have completed a GED (proof of higher education may be provided instead of high school graduation)
- Complete a 40 hour phlebotomy course (classroom) from an approved school like ProMED Career Institute
- Complete a minimum of 40 hours phlebotomy experience (clinical hours) that includes at least 50 venipunctures and 10 skin punctures
- Pass a State of California approved phlebotomy certification exam
- Apply for CA CPT 1 License
Class tips & info
Certified Phlebotomy Technician training course is 80 hours class.
- 40 hr didactic (classroom): From 8 am to 5 pm
- 40 hr practical (externship): 5 days, 9 am to 5 pm. 40 hours of Externship at approved clinical sites should be completed within 120 days after classroom hours. Students will perform phlebotomy on real patients under supervision of experienced medical professionals.
- Liability Insurance
- Externship assignments
- Attend classes on time
What to bring
- Bring the books provided by our school to every class
- Bring a notebook (pen, pencil) as you will take lecture note for all our classes.
- Overview of Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical Terminology and Abbreviations
- Blood cells and Coagulation Pathways
- Phlebotomy Equipment and Procedures
- Interpersonal an Therapeutic Communication
- Hands on Phlebotomy, blood withdraw
- Infection Control
- Legal Aspects of Phlebotomy
- Phlebotomy Techniques and hard stick approaches
- California State CPT 1 License: Each student, after graduation, need to complete a California State Phlebotomy Certification application (with all required documents) and submit it to the California Department of Public Health Laboratory Field Services (LFS). ProMED Career Institute guides you through application process.
Time spend at labs
- 15 hrs
Approved by the State of California (approval to operate means compliance with state standards as set forth in the BPPE acts and regulations, students can access the BPPE website at https://www.bppe.ca.gov) and National Agencies: BPPE, CDPH, LFS, NHA, NCCT
Certified Phlebotomy Technician Certification (CPT1) Course.
- OCTOBER 26th two consecutive MON/WED/THUs – FULL
- NOVEMBER 30th MON/WED/THUs – FULL
- | ENROLL NOW
- JANUARY 25th, 2021 two consecutive MON/WED/THUs- 8 am to 5 pm – OPEN ENROLL NOW
- 40 hr practical (externship): 5 days, 9 am to 5 pm. 40 hours of Externship at approved clinical sites.
Do I have to fill out an application for the phlebotomy course to be a ProMed Career Institute student ?
Yes, there is application necessary for our phlebotomy course. Please call at (323)-570-4127 to schedule an appointment.
How do I enroll in the course?
It’s very easy to enroll with ProMed Career Institute. You can enroll online, over the phone or by coming into the office.
How do I pay for my medical career classes ?
We accept all payment methods: cash, check, debit cards and all major credit cards.
No prerequisite classes needed
Is your program accredited?
Yes, our program is approved by the State of California Department of Public Health (CDPH), Laboratory Field Services (LFS). ProMED Career Institute also approved by Bureau of Postsecondary Education (BPPE) .
What subjects are covered in the course?
We cover topics which include anatomy and physiology, infection control, quality assurance, coagulation theory, phlebotomy equipment, “gold standard” phlebotomy techniques, patient identification and requisitions and more subjects related to phlebotomy.
What are the class hours?
For the first two weeks, the class hours are 8 am to 5 pm- the didactic (lecture) portion of the course. Clinical externship hours are held at approved clinical sites from 9 am to 5 pm.
Does ProMED Career Institute Phlebotomy Program offer the state and national exam?
Yes, ProMED Career Institute is approved Testing Center site for State and National Exam.
Where do we go for our clinical rotations and at what times are they held?
You will attend clinical rotations at approved clinics and hospital locations in Los Angeles area.
What is your success rate on the state board exam?
Last year, our student success rate on passing the National exam was 99%. That’s more than 15% higher than the national average.
Do you offer job placement?
We offer job assistants which includes resume writing, providing information on open job positions, key words and preparation for a hospital (on job) test.
How much does the course cost?
The course is $1,675. This includes tuition,uniform, liability insurance, skills lab sessions, skills lab equipment, books and the clinical externship.
Are there any additional items I will have to pay for?
You should prepare to pay for the additional items after the phlebotomy program:
- National Board exam fee ($115.00) – this is paid directly to the exam company at the end of the course.
- State license fee ($100.00) – this is paid directly to the state of CA, CDPH when you apply for your license.
Does the Phlebotomy course offer federal financial aid?
Please note that the Phlebotomy course does not participate in Title IV Federal Financial Aid Programs. Students are highly encouraged to contact their own local credit union or bank and inquire about what private loan services they offer to members.
Will the Phlebotomy course accept my GI Bill®(Veteran’s Administration Assistance)?
The Phlebotomy course is not eligible to process Veterans Benefits.
What is your refund policy and how do I request a refund?
Refunds must be requested at least 3 calendar days before the first day of class. If the refund request meets this requirement, the student will receive a full refund, minus the $100 non-refundable fee. ALL refund requests must be made in writing. Phone call request will not be accepted. To request a refund, students must email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every attempt to respond to you within two business days.
Whom should I contact if I have other questions or would like more detailed information?
You can also contact our Main Office at 323-570-4127, email our student services department at email@example.com
Email us today!
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 4-5 Weeks
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes